Adrenal fatigue is a collection of symptoms that results from chronic life stress. Your adrenal glands are responsible for the regulation of stress hormones in your body. When you’re under chronic daily stress, your adrenal glands become burned-out, creating an impairment in your bodies natural response to stress. If left unrecognized, this will ultimately make you more susceptible to chronic disease and illness. 80% of Americans will experience adrenal fatigue at some point in their life. Despite this frequency, adrenal fatigue remains one of the most commonly misdiagnosed conditions and is often completely misunderstood in the medical community.
Symptoms of adrenal fatigue
- Difficulty waking up in the morning
- Needing caffeine to start your day
- You don’t feel fully awake until mid-morning
- Low energy in the afternoon
- Improved energy from 6pm-9pm
- Second wind from 11pm-1am
- Craving salty and sweet snacks, often in the middle of the night
- Brain fog/ difficulty concentrating
- Decreased sex drive
- Weight gain/ difficulty losing weight
- Low blood pressure
Do these symptoms sound familiar? Have your hormones tested through highly specific saliva testing. Adrenal stress recovery is possible!